Index of /fonts/mnsymbol
MnSymbol is a symbol font designed to be used in conjunction with Adobe
All files in this archive are in the public domain.
This version includes a bugfix that causes incompatibilities with
previous versions. The symbols
\...harpoonup and \...harpoondown
are now called
\...harpoonccw and \...harpooncw
(This was needed for compatibility with amsfonts.sty.)
To install the fonts:
(0) If you have already a version of MnSymbol installed, delete the old
TFM and PK files.
$ cd tex
$ latex MnSymbol.ins
and copy the resulting file MnSymbol.sty to
(2) Copy all files in the "source" directory into the directory
(3) Copy the documentation (MnSymbol.ps, MnSymbol.pdf, README) into the
(4) To install the PostScript fonts (courtesy of Michael Zedler) copy
o enc/MnSymbol.map into .../texmf/fonts/map/dvips/MnSymbol
o enc/*.enc into .../texmf/fonts/enc/dvips/MnSymbol
o pfb/*.pfb into .../texmf/fonts/type1/public/MnSymbol
(These fonts are not strictly necessary but recommended.)
(5) You can copy the files in the "tfm" directory to
This is optional since these files can be generated automatically.
But it saves some time.
(6) Regenerate the file database:
If you installed the PostScript fonts you also need to run updmap or
updmap-sys to make them available:
$ updmap-sys --enable MixedMap MnSymbol.map
(7) Happy TeXing.